We want everyone who wishes to participate online to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding. We want consultation to take place in a safe space online where users feel valued and comfortable contributing to discussions.
This consultation portal is hosted by the Engagement Hub software (“software”), owned by My Business App Pty. Ltd., on behalf of the Shire of Mundaring.
What are we doing?
To help us make this consultation portal a positive place for everyone, we have followed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 to ensure global compliance.
In addition, we strive to meet the following legislative requirements:
- Australia: Australian Human Rights Commission Act
- Australia: Disability Discrimination Act
- Canada: Canadian Charter on Rights and Freedom
- Canada: Common Look and Feel Standards
- European Union: European Convention on Human Rights
- Ireland: Disability Act 2005
- New Zealand: Web Accessibility Standard 1.0
- United Kingdom: Equality Act 2010
- United States: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- United States: Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
The software enables people of all abilities and native languages to access and participate on this consultation portal using all modern browsers and devices.
We continue to investigate additional functionality to enable this software to reach and sustain A Level AAA compliance.
Additional Tools to Assist Accessibility
The Engage Mundaring online platform is just one tool used by the Shire of Mundaring to consult and engage with the local community. Other methods include events, open days, advertising, social media, the Shire website and council meetings. If you would like more information on how the projects displayed are also being consulted upon offline, please contact email@example.com
We also offer training on how to register and use this platform at the Hub & local libraries. Please contact shire@mundaring,wa.gov.au for upcoming dates.
If you are experiencing any accessibility issues with this consultation portal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org