The Broz Park wetland restoration project aims to improve the water quality and ecosystem functioning of this wetland by:
- removing non-native fish species;
- installing an artificial water aeration system;
- revegetating the banks of the wetland to filter nutrients and provide fauna habitat;
- introducing native fish species into the wetland;
- educating the community about healthy wildlife interactions; and
- increasing community awareness of the impacts of fertiliser use on wetlands and waterways.