Kirk KitchinManager Recreation and Leisure Services
Shire of Mundaring
T: 9290 6666
Shire of Mundaring has engaged community planners CCS Strategic and designers Gresley Abas Architects to prepare a precinct plan to guide the development of potential new facilities and improvements to the existing facilities at Brown Park Recreation Precinct in Swan View.
The purpose of the precinct plan is to set out the key principles and objectives to improve multi-generational and cross-cultural inclusion, activation, and community engagement at the precinct, as well as outline a prioritised infrastructure action plan to address the current and future needs of the community.
- Improve accessibility for all users;
- Improve the visual amenity of the landscape and built elements;
- Identify possible additional / improvements to sporting facilities to meet the changing needs of the users;
- Improve accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists;
- Identify an area for a potential local-level skate park;
- Identify an area for public toilet amenities;
- Improve safety and passive surveillance;
- Improve parking by providing spaces and safe traffic flows within the site;
- Create an inclusive and safe environment; and
- Improve connectivity between roadway and pathway to Shire buildings and facilities.
The plan will be completed by the middle of 2023 and be presented to Council for adoption and incorporation intothe Shire's future plans.